Symposium on Laser Ultrasonics
July 4 - 8, 2016 in Linz
5th international Symposium on Laser Ultrasonics and Advanced Sensing
You are cordially invited to the 5th International Symposium on Laser-Ultrasonics and Advanced Sensing (LU2016) to be held at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz, from July 4th to 8th, 2016.
The symposium is dedicated to the latest scientific results, methodological and technological advancements, and the most relevant applications of Laser-Ultrasonics. According to the tradition of LU symposia, researchers from academia and industry are invited to participate and exchange their knowledge on Laser-Ultrasonics and Advanced sensing.
A special “Industry Day” will be introduced in LU2016 for the first time. For this “Industry Day“ potential customers around the globe and from different branches like automotive-, aerospace-, semiconductor industry, raw material producer, and many more will be invited. Here, they will get an idea of what Laser-Ultrasonics is about and how they can enhance their products with this technology.
The symposium is organized by RECENDT-Research Center for Non Destructive Testing GmbH and will take place at the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
We look forward to meeting you at the 5th Symposium on Laser-Ultrasonics and Advanced Sensing LU2016 in Linz.
Altenberger Strasse 69; 4040 Linz
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 29. January 2016
- Acceptance Notification: 9. March 2016
- Early Registration Deadline: 8. April 2016
Topics that will be covered in the symposium include:
Group 1: General Laser-Ultrasonics
- Laser generation of acoustic waves
- Non-linear acoustics
- Laser-Ultrasonics for advanced materials (composites, ceramics, complex media)
- Signal processing and imaging
- Modeling (analytical & numerical)
Group 2: Laser-Ultrasonics for NDE & industrial application
- Flaw and defect inspection and nondestructive testing
- Materials evaluation and characterization
- Laser-Ultrasonics in advanced manufacturing and for process control
- Guided wave
- Acoustic imaging
- Thin film characterization
- Laser-Ultrasonics in hazardous environment
Group 3: Instrumentation and advanced sensing
- Novel instrumentation
- Advanced sensing in Laser-Ultrasonics
- Ultrafast optoacoustics
- Nanoscale measurements
Group 4: Photoacoustics and biomedical applications
- Photoacoustic imaging
- Novel instrumentation in photoacoustic imaging
- Signal processing, imaging, and reconstruction
- Biomedical applications of Laser-Ultrasonics